Pages

Sunday 5 June 2011

And so it begins...

I have a confession. For the past couple of months I have been keeping a journal, the paper and pen kind. It has been most therapeutic and I guess I had figured that I could pass it onto my daughters. Well, I'm pretty sure they will read it and I even reckon they will treasure it. But, in the age where private thoughts are no longer private, I figure it's time that I jump on the band wagon.

What I hope to share with you are my thoughts as a travel on this "journey" that is, breast cancer. I invert that word because so many people, since my diagnosis, have decided that that is what I am on. I am not really sure that I want to go on the journey and well, if this is a journey what is my destination? What stations will I stop at? Will there be some pleasant stops? How many people will want to travel with me? And, of course, do I get to decide not to go on this journey? Definitely, an overuse of that word.

In case, the whole topic of breast cancer gets a little boring I'll also try to include some of the other stuff that I get to enjoy like family and friends :)

1 comment: