Pages

Thursday 18 August 2011

I'm Not Crying

I really had believed that my watering eye was done with. It's not! Now, I have two watery eyes. Neither is sore or itchy. Although, by the end of the day, they are usually puffy from being wiped at. Since Tuesday, I have found that the fatigue has not been as intense by the afternoon. That, my friends, is something to be so excited about!

Other great news includes: I have lifted my self-imposed ban on deodorant (feel free to stand on my right side now); the sparse hair on my head, that never fell out, is now lying down and not sticking up; the children and I did a one hour walk to the shops; and I made the best Paleo Fried Chicken ever (paleomama.wordpress.com).

I participated in one workout this week. It was a twelve minute AMRAP that included five ground to overheads, seven box jumps and nine air squats. My weight was the lightest in the group at 25kgs. I am very much looking forward to radiation being finished so that I can really focus on lifting more weight.

The right arm has been swollen for days. There is no pain and my arm is not heavy. It's just puffy. I am assuming that that will hang around for a good few months yet. My arm is actually still numb in places. I was told, after surgery, that that numbness may last up to twelve months. In some cases, the numbness stays. I have definitely noticed a dwindling in the numbness so, I am going for the box that says, "It will not last forever". Lock it in, please.

Ok, here's a confession. I have been looking at homemade laundry detergents. When I was diagnosed with breast cancer, I came across a site that said that one should not put anything on one's skin (it's an organ) that could not be eaten. I could understand where he was coming from. But, I really don't like the idea of putting something edible in the washing machine. How would it clean? So, my compromise is to make my own. I have a recipe, but have not been able to find one of the ingredients. I am going to hit a local hardware store. If I can get that ingredient, I will make the laundry detergent and report on its effectiveness. Oh, how cancer has changed me...

Breast cancer has really made me grasp just how fragile I am. I never wanted to be the damsel in distress. I certainly never wanted to be making my own laundry detergent. Well, perhaps I shouldn't get ahead of myself. I hope to get the missing ingredient today and then...wash the clothes tomorrow. Yes, I am a weirdo and proud to share how you too can become one. Why not join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment